Well Going by the formal explanation, cloud computing is a kind of contract in which the cloud vendor delivers cloud services such as servers, database infrastructures, storage, different kinds of software, etc. as per the requirement of the customers through the internet.
On the other hand, users are able to access software and applications from any part of the world and enjoy the end result. Cloud computing has altogether transformed the way technology is utilized to share information and resources.
Before cloud computing, it was very tough for Organizations to set up their business applications in their own hardware.
In addition to that, they always need to protect data that may be lost due to various reasons such as server crashes, natural calamities, etc. Data might also get stolen which may harm the business drastically.
They needed a whole group of people to maintain their software and hardware. Thus, heavy expenditures were done to maintain their IT departments.
In spite of doing all this, their departments situated in different places were not in touch with each other. Become Cloud Computing Expert at Cloud AWS Online Training at 3RI Technologies.
Innovation “Cloud computing”:
With the advent of cloud computing, you eliminate the drawbacks which come with traditional methods. You need not worry about in-house data storage, software, and hardware.
All these are taken care of by the cloud service providers. The concern of data security is also resolved by cloud computing. Some prominent cloud service providers are Amazon cloud computing (AWS), Google Cloud computing, and Microsoft Azure.
One can get the benefits of cloud application just by connecting through the internet, one just needs to open the browser, log in and start using it. The required customization can also be done to the application which depends on the needs of the business.
Also, costs to manage the applications, maintaining the software’s and hardware’s came down. Organizations can focus on their business rather than focusing on their IT departments.
Easier connectivity between different departments through cloud computing came as a boon to businesses. Major applications supported by cloud support are SAP SuccessFactors HR, customer relationship management (CRM), accounting, and many more.
One can choose among various services provided by the cloud service providers and pay only for the services which are required. Organization data is secured in cloud services as multilevel authentications are done. Loss of data is almost impossible as multiple copies of data are stored at different cloud data centers.
Various cloud computing services that can be chosen as per the requirements are as follows:
- Software as a Service (SaaS): Here the cloud service provider offers a service of maintaining the servers, databases, and also the code that makes up an application and makes it possible for the customers to access data anywhere through an internet browser.
- Platform as a Service (PaaS): Here PaaS vendors delivers a personal platform to do the customization in the provided applications as required by the business. This is done with the help of advanced tools and techniques. This platform is accessed and used via the internet.
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS): This service offers the customers to use the cloud to build their own applications and maintain them. In this model, customers can build the IT environment that suits their business. Here the business needs to order the resources as per its requirements.
- Function as a Service (FaaS): This type of cloud computing provides the service related to the execution of code and getting the result without making it necessary of owning the applications which are required to execute the code. This means that the total focus is on the functions which are present in the application.
Let’s have a look at the cloud computing advantages:
- The major benefit which cloud services bring in is the low capital expenses for Organizations. Organizations need not spend money on the software and hardware already present in the cloud services. You just need to pay for the services you have purchased from the cloud service provider.
- Users can access the applications needed from anywhere as long internet connection is available. There is no specific device requirement, critical applications can be accessed via mobile apps as well.
- Cloud providers offer flexible services to the client. They can use the facilities as per their requirement. They can choose from any of the SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, or FaaS.
- Another benefit of using cloud computing is that the systems are regularly updated as per the demands gathered from across the world. Security updates are also done and the customers are given the knowledge of the updates. So, Organizations have “me” time to concentrate on their business.
- With Cloud computing data is secure as there are multilevel authentications done before giving access to data. As the data is maintained across different cloud data center, one need not worry about data being lost.
- Cloud computing is eventually helping in reducing the consumption of resources and energy, as Organizations are using limited resources.
- Cloud applications help people meet virtually. This helps them in exchanging views and knowledge, which finally helps in business growth. Cloud computing has enabled central file storage systems such as central libraries from which users can access all the public files and documents.
- Cloud computing has made the Organizations approx. free from personal IT maintenance and management. Service providers help you by simply giving the user interface to work on rather than working on software and hardware installation. Thus, cloud computing makes you sure of timely management, maintenance, and delivery of IT services. Organizations are slowly but steadily moving towards cloud computing.